Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 2000 16:10:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/20180: More emphasis is needed on the /usr/share/examples/ppp in documentation

The following reply was made to PR docs/20180; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.org>
To: george.russell@clara.net
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 23:29:13 +0100

 george.russell@clara.net wrote:

 > The handbook could mention this idrectory, and the files it contains,
 > as a basis for ppp.conf , not just the single example

 Hmm, it currently says "Example configuration files can be found in the
 /etc/ppp directory", which does need fixing.  Do you think any other
 reference to the examples directory is needed?  (This is at the end of
 section 15.2.1.5.1 in the handbook.)  I'll mention it at the start of
 section 3.2.1 in the PPP Primer too.

 > Also the man 8 ppp section, connecting to your ISP

 Well, I think it should really be mentioned in the FILES section,
 if anywhere.  Since it already mentioned /usr/share/examples/ppp a
 few times though, it might not be needed.  If you search for either
 "example" or "sample" in ppp(8) you'll find it...

 --
 Ben Smithurst                 / ben@FreeBSD.org / PGP: 0x99392F7D
 FreeBSD Documentation Project /