Date:      Sun, 13 May 2001 19:53:46 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>, bzdik@yahoo.com
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Crap OS X

At 02:00 PM 5/12/2001, Jordan Hubbard wrote:

>...there are all sorts of "mac nuts" who'd like
>things to stay exactly as they were.  There are also a lot of OS/2
>nuts still out there who pine for the days of OS/2 and wish microsoft
>would just come to their senses and stop doing Windows already.
>There's even the remnants of the Amiga community who are still hoping
>that AmigaOS will come back.
>
>At the same time, there also exist a large number of people who would
>like progress to occur and refuse to have anything to do with all
>these retro fanatics. :)

What is ironic is that none of these are "retro" compared to Windows.

I'm strongly considering getting an iBook just so that I can follow
OS X, even if it's not perfect. I'm tired of the hardware
compatibility problems I routinely experience when running UNIX-like
OSes on Intel-based laptops.... And OS X would make it possible to
run a good GUI and mainstream commercial GUI applications without
risking the many problems caused by Windows emulation. Between MacOS
and UNIX applications, I think I'd be a happy camper. Comments?

--Brett Glass