Date:      Fri, 14 Jun 2024 21:33:31 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bz@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   wireless project status report

Hi,

on the public visible side there's been a few changes:

- the last predep changes for updating drivers went into LinuxKPI.
   I had adjusted one as there was a possible MFC problem and I couldn't
   get review.

- I also helped revieweing some other LinuxKPI bits for drm-kmod to make
   sure we'll all be fine.

- the changes for the last known fixes (workarounds) went into main and
   during this week got merged to stable/14 and stable/13 (the latter had
   a bit of catch-up to play given the epoch changes and some LinuxKPI bits
   needed to be resolved and were ignored in ap revious round).

This means functionality and behavior should be more or less equal in
stable/13 stable/14 and main now.  Anything in previous releases will
not have the bugfixes yet.  I say that especially given the "Invalid
TXQ" report will point people at a PR to report it there.  I'll remove
that in a few days/weeks from the branches once we are convinced that
the changes did fix it.

- As a result I went through some PRs today and closed them, left
   feedback or categorized them into our "meta-PR" tree.

Some other bits:

- Warner helped with sorting out the Vendor Imports and we have a plan.
   While I had iwlwifi prepared some of the other drivers need doing
   proper still.  Once that is done I'll push the Vendor bits up to the
   current state to FreeBSD and we'll check the merges and once they are
   sorted I'll put newer driver versions in for all of them.

   If you want to try some of this beforehand please let me know.
   I pushed previous bits to github without much response.

- I am debugging some 11n parts which let to minor chnages being
   committed as well (a fix in LinuxKPI and a (debugging) fix for
   net80211.

- The usual (private/public) emails related to the wifi projects
   (reports, followup, debugging, acquiring data, ...)

More next week,
/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                                     r15:7