Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2000 22:12:19 -0500
From:      "Vladimir N. Silyaev" <vsilyaev@mindspring.com>
To:        nsayer@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Weird AMD panics caused by VMware?!

> My machine here at the office gets these a _lot_ whenever I'm running
> vmware:
[skipped]

>This machine also seems to hang a lot, but it could be that the hangs
>are just these happening behind X so I can't see them.
As you wrote below, you are have another box. So just try to use
serial console (that will be provide a possibility to always
see a panic message), also will be a right thing to compile kernel
with DDB, that will provide some more information.

> They always happen with amd as the current process. They frequently
> happen when
>vmware is running. They never happen at other times.
The FreeBSD vmmon has a 'historical' bug - it's clear 'GS' register.
But I was never encounter problem with them. And more I was
so impressed by the fact that I was never encountered any vmware(vmmon)
related problem.

--
Vladimir Silyaev