Date:      Tue, 11 Jul 2000 20:39:37 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   jre, linux-netscape-communicator-4.73 and FreeBSD 3.5-S

Dear FreeBSD'ers,

out of curiosity, a few days ago I decided to try the JRE port on a=20
3.5-S system of mine, and to see if it worked with=20
linux-netscape-communicator-4.73: I specified=20
/usr/local/jre1.1.8/bin/java %s in=20
Edit/Preferences/Navigator/Applications.=20

BTW, I went to www.real.com/player/7/ to download the linux player v7,=20
but, on clicking on the download form link, I got the error: "Class=20
not found: /tmp/MO396B752D0380172.com". The verbose flag for java lets=20
me see that other classes are loaded; however, I cannot access that=20
download page. I searched the -java and -questions archives, but I=20
can't seem to find any useful hints.=20

I am probably missing something very basic here.

Needless to say, I am downloading the linux player via a plain old=20
**text** browser (please don't laugh). But I would like to learn how=20
to make this java thing work properly :-)

Many thanks in advance,
Salvo