Date:      Thu, 5 Mar 2009 12:38:29 -0800
From:      Matt Olander <matt@ixsystems.com>
To:        james michael <jamesthefishy@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Bounties

On Mar 5, 2009, at 11:59 AM, james michael wrote:

> I find this completely useless as a site. No one is going to get
> "flash 9 on freebsd with opera" for 200 dollars. I know people will
> want to add bounties to it and it will be like 250 then like 300 and
> as time passes it will be a million dollars or such but I don't
> think the problem is that people aren't willing to do the work, its
> that places like adobe has closed its software so that we can't
> really create anything.

Actually, Flash9 on FreeBSD 7.x is working pretty good now with Linux
emulation. In fact, the sound syncs up better on my default PC-BSD
alpha box than on my mac! I'm watching entire episodes of Fringe on
Hulu.com with no problems. Get it up to a million dollars and we'll
just pay Adobe for the port ;-)

I think the point for sites like this is having somewhere more formal
to track projects, sponsors, and developers as it relates to monetary
bounties.

-matt