Date:      Tue, 3 Mar 1998 10:17:16 +1100
From:      David Dawes <dawes@rf900.physics.usyd.edu.au>
To:        Anatoly Vorobey <mellon@pobox.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports for X11 stuff

On Tue, Mar 03, 1998 at 12:55:31AM +0200, Anatoly Vorobey wrote:

>I hope that sooner or later (sooner is better ;)) Xfree86 will change config/cf
>directory to discourage imake from believing there's only One True X
>hierarchy on the system. Then one'll be able to easily reroute all imake-built
>ports to /usr/local/X11R6 or wherever; and I believe a previous discussion

Don't hold your breath.  As much as I'd like to see that functionality
in the imake config, it isn't a priority for XFree86.  We're kind of
preoccupied with X servers, new and improved hardware drivers, and
implementing our new X server design.  It will only be implemented if
someone who really wants it done does it (hmm, where have I heard that
before :-).  There have been volunteers several times in the past, but
I've never seen an end result.

In the past I've offered to assist with and review such an implementation.
That offer still stands.

David