Date:      Sun, 2 Feb 2003 14:10:38 +0100
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        mozilla@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: libgtk-1.2.so.0

On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 01:51:07PM +0100, Christoph P. Kukulies wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 11:50:47AM +0100, Christoph Kukulies wrote:
> >  When I start the mozilla 1.1 port build (I built it prior to installing
> > java ) I'm getting an error that some plugin could not be initialized.
> > (This is predicted in a banner at the end of the build).
> >
> > But I'm wondering which process is building libgtk-1.2.so.0.
> > Could it be that it has to be supplied by some of the
> > linux compat ports?
>
> Just want to let everyone participate (and maybe as a hint to
> the port maintainer)
>

> My solution:
> cd /usr/X11R6/lib
> ln -s libgtk12.so.2 libgtk-1.2.so.0
>
> And the nasty
> No running window found.
> LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/local/jdk1.3.1_06/jre/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so [Shared object "libgtk-1.2.so.0" not found]
>

> is gone. :-)

Sorry, false alarm. I had a Mozilla instance open and the message
doesn't appear then anyway because the instance isn't doubled.

The effect is that the next shared lib mozilla is searching for then is
libgdk-1.2.so.0 and once you have satisfied this the game goes on and it looks
for other shared libs which one could satisfy subsequently but I stopped
this game when it came to libc.so.6.

Probably I'd set out to get the native FreeBSD java working. Though I'm not sure
which mechanism is responsible for the naming of these libs.

I suspect they are wired in
/usr/local/jdk1.3.1_06/jre/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so

--
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kukulies@rwth-aachen.de