Date:      Mon, 1 Mar 1999 20:51:05 -0500
From:      "RT" <tr49986@rcc.on.ca>
To:        <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Still NFS Problems

In the past 3 weeks I've upgraded from 3.0-release, to 3-stable to 4-current
(as of 4 days ago).  I've tried nfs v2 and nfs v3.  In all of those
circumstances I end up with programs locking due to write problems.

I'm no good a debugging, so if someone could hold my hand through this
one...

Basic problem.  .nfs798798 files appearing on server, program on client
locks up in STAT 'D' according to top.  The problem only occurs on read /
write mounts (duh..).  I only have my home partition writable as of right
now.

The easiest way to replicate it is to compile something large.  i.e. make
world from the client machine.  Soon I'll just make my home directory read
only too :)  Any ideas? fixes?  things I can show you?