Date:      Thu, 8 Jan 1998 09:16:10 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.NoDak.edu>
To:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, ksmm@cybercom.net
Subject:   Re: LS-120, Riva 128, ASUS motherboard

>  >> Does anyone know if anything special needs to be done to get the ASUS
>  >> P2L97 to work with more than 64 MB of RAM (BIOS settings, switches,
>  >> anything)?
>  >
>  >If this is a VX or TX board, forget it.
>
>  Sheesh, is is that bad?  Actually I think that this is an LX board (if
>  that's even one of the choices).  What's the technical reason that VX/TX
>  boards can't have more than 64 MB?

from the ASUS newsgroup a couple months ago (I have not been reading too
carefully since just before Christmas), it appears that people have been
having problems with the middle DIMM slot of the Pentium II P2L97 (LX)
motherboard.

I know you don't want to hear this, but I suggest you buy a 64/128MB DIMM
and place it in one of the outside slots with your existing SIMM in the
other outside slot..

--mark.