Date:      Sun, 4 Aug 2002 12:55:35 +0200
From:      Nomad <mailman@crypton.pl>
To:        Brad Davis <striker_d@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SSH upgrade?

Hello

I upgraded only openssh to 3_4_4 version on the same 4.5-RELEASE (without upgrading to 4.6-STABLE like you)  and now I get "Host key for IP address 'ip_address' not known in list of known hosts'". The problem is that the this key is already in known_hosts but onlu for DNS name for specified host. So I added copy of host key with DNS name replaced by IP adress and everything is OK: no weird messages at all.
I think that's something wrong with this version of openssh. Maybe this fenomena in connection with some entries in ssh_config results in denying connections to outside world.
On my host this connections were possible, only this strange infos appeared.

Nomad