Date:      Wed, 02 Jul 2008 14:15:01 -0700
From:      Mike Bowie <mbowie@buzmo.com>
To:        "achill@matrix" <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-eclipse@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: eclipse ganymede

achill@matrix wrote:
> Hi,
> is there any efforts to port eclipse 3.4 (aka ganymede)?
>
> Also i would like to ask your opinion on how hard it would be to port
> jboss tools, since they obviously contain stuff written in C.
> By installing the whole jboss tools 2.1.1 asis kind of works but is
> too unstable.
>
> Thanx for any info.
>
> Achilleas Mantzios

Achilleas,

I've been looking at the ganymede port on and off over the last few
weeks, but haven't made any significant progress yet; besides porting
the eclipse-devel patches to the new release and tweaking some of the
newer build files.  Given the pending holiday weekend here in the US, I
don't think I'll be getting much further before the end of next week.
(Although I will be having a look at it for a few hours this afternoon.)
  As soon as I have something a little more concrete than my current
efforts, I'll post a tarball to the list.

There are a couple of other folks in the list who work with jboss in one
respect or another.  They may have some input on your other query.

Cheers,

Mike.