Date:      Wed, 4 Mar 2009 19:46:14 +0200
From:      Boris Kotzev <boris.kotzev@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   usb touchpad not working properly on CURRENT with usb2

Hi,

The touchpad of my laptop is not responding properly to input anymore. It used
to work fine with the old usb stack.

The laptop is running CURRENT from yesterday:

FreeBSD zembla.universe 8.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT #0: Wed Mar  4 17:30:05 EET 2009
user@zembla.universe:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CUSTOM  amd64

When I move my finger horizontally on the touchpad of the laptop, the cursor
moves up and down. Moving the finger vertically moves the cursor a little and
then it stops. Pressing the touchpad button moves the cursor to the right.

The touchpad is detected as:

ugen0.2: <Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad Apple Computer> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=FULL (12Mbps) pwr=ON

Resetting the touchpad  produces the following dmesg output:

ukbd0: at uhub0, port 2, addr 2 (disconnected)
ums1: at uhub0, port 2, addr 2 (disconnected)
ums_detach:608: sc=0xffffff000188c400
uhid1: at uhub0, port 2, addr 2 (disconnected)
ukbd0: <Apple Internal Keyboard> on usbus0
kbd1 at ukbd0
ums1: <Touchpad> on usbus0
ums_attach:530: WARNING: report size, 67 bytes, is larger than interrupt size, 64 bytes!
ums1: 3 buttons and [XY] coordinates
ums_attach:546: sc=0xffffff000184e800
ums_attach:547: X	8/8
ums_attach:548: Y	16/8
ums_attach:549: Z	0/0
ums_attach:550: T	0/0
ums_attach:551: W	0/0
ums_attach:555: B1	0/1
ums_attach:555: B2	1/1
ums_attach:555: B3	2/1
ums_attach:557: size=67, id=0
uhid1: <Apple Internal Keyboard> on usbus0

What other information should I provide to help solving this problem?

Sincerely,

Boris Kotzev