Date:      Tue, 17 Dec 1996 04:57:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      Will Mitayai Keeso Rowe <mitayai@dreaming.org>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD-current users <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: last

On Tue, 17 Dec 1996, J Wunsch wrote:

> As Will Mitayai Keeso Rowe wrote:
>
> > invalid hostname          úI¶2ttyp5        Wed Dec 31 19:00   still logged in
> > 207.107.8.200             æI¶2ftp22773     Wed Dec 31 19:00 - 17:23 (79+22:23)
>                                 ^^^
>
> Are you running wuftpd?  It needs recompilation as well.

Yep, and i did that once i realized most of the bad entries were from
ftp, but that didn't help (gah.. i wish the virtual ftp patches where
part of the wu-ftpd port and life would be much easier... :)

> > You might also give src/tools/3.0-upgrade/cvt-wtmp.c a try. It's
> supposed to convert your old wtmp file.  Call with -n if you just
> wanna see whether it recognizes all records in the file.

*grin* i just noticed it 10 minutes ago in my cvsup output, and wondered
what that was... :)

Ran it, and it work great now.

Thx!

-Mit

> --
> cheers, J"org
>
> joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/ -- NIC: JW11-RIPE
> Never trust an operating system you don't have sources for. ;-)

			Will Mitayai Keeso Rowe
			 The DreamLabs Network
		        http://www.dreaming.org
			    (705)741-1089