Date:      Sun, 1 Dec 1996 17:13:32 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Cc:        se@freebsd.org (Stefan Esser)
Subject:   Re: Racal Interlan ethernet card: any good?

As Stefan Esser wrote:

> No experience, but it should be supported by the lnc driver.
> I added the Lance PCI probe code to -current half a year ago,
> and got no complaints (which means it works or isn't used :)
>
> You need a config line for "lnc0 at isa?", and the PCI card
> will then be "lnc1" (the later ISA probe could still find an
> ISA card at the port address specified).

Does the line

device lnc0 at isa? port 0x280 net irq 10 drq 0 vector lncintr

in GENERIC count for this?  If so, i'll leave for a business trip
tomorrow, and i know that this customer is also using HP Vectras which
come with a builtin Lance-derived PCI ethernet adaptor.  While i know
that an older version of FreeBSD runs on them fine using the PCI
addresses in the ISA driver (you certainly remember, Stefan), i can
also stick a plain installation floppy there and see whether it will
detect the card.

--
cheers, J"org