Date:      Mon, 8 Nov 1999 14:07:53 -0600
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@lovett.com>
To:        "Chris D. Faulhaber" <jedgar@fxp.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KDE + Qt libraries + gcc 2.95

On Mon, Nov 08, 1999 at 02:49:27PM -0500, Chris D. Faulhaber wrote:

> My biggest concern will be the library incompatibility with kde libs
> compiled with an older g++.  Perhaps a version bump may alleviate
> problems; otherwise, I don't expect the general populice will be too happy
> with having to recomple *all* kde libs/apps.

A version bump (in conjunction with setting USE_NEWGCC=YES) for all
the KDE/Qt ports seems to be the best way to go in order to ensure
consistency.

Whilst it doesn't address the fact that people will have to do a fair
chunk of recompiling, at least it will be obvious that they have to do so.

-aDe [waiting for the day when the GNOME people decide they _have_ to
      use gcc-2.95.x ..]

--
Ade Lovett, Austin, TX.