Date:      Sat, 11 Apr 1998 00:12:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>
To:        dannyman <dannyman@dannyland.org>
Cc:        Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fw: Your Article "Freeware: The Heart & Soul of the Internet"

On Fri, 10 Apr 1998, dannyman wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 10, 1998 at 10:47:18AM -0700, Gary Kline wrote:
>
> > 	I was a writer several lifetimes ago, and altho tech writing
> > 	is nearly beyond me (it ain't easy, folks),  I'd be willing
> > 	to invest time in a *BSD magazine.
>
> Getting a magazine up and running can be real rough.  It seems as if
> Jordan hasn't exactly had a cakewalk with the newsletter either.  A safer
> approach, imho, might be to try something on the web - less capital risk,
> and we could see how things work out first before trying to jump into pulp,
> and attract interested contributors.
>
> Getting people to volunteer to write articles, even if you have an editor
> in place, can be real PITA.

Maybe we can do the web based magazine type publish AND do our PR at the
same time? Combine them both. Have feature articles for insatance from
FreeBSD consultants like myself, who can write about how their using
FreeBSD in their clients companies. The problems of offering a Free based
solution, etc..  I'd do articles on that. And we can publish PR reports at
the same time. Thats one possible idea.

Chris

--
"I am closed minded. It keeps the rain out."

===================================| Open Systems Networking And Consulting.
  FreeBSD 2.2.6 is available now!  | Phone: 316-326-6800
-----------------------------------| 1402 N. Washington, Wellington, KS-67152
   FreeBSD: The power to serve!    | E-Mail: opsys@open-systems.net
      http://www.freebsd.org       | Consulting-Network Engineering-Security