Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 2000 10:33:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2nd call for reviews and tests: buf->bio patch

:>    Ripping up the buffer cache right smack in the middle of Greg trying
:>    to debug a serious vinum/bio problem is atrocious timing.
:
:Actually, it is the other way around, Greg finally started to look for
:the bug in vinum in the middle of my commits.
:
:How dare he do that ?
:
::-)
:
:--
:Poul-Henning Kamp             FreeBSD coreteam member

    I don't find it funny at all.  Your b_iocmd commits, which were done
    with virtually no testing broke vinum and Alfred had to go in and fix
    it.  The 'vinum problems' thread turns into the 'deadlock with vinum
    raid5' thread on saturday and on sunday you start ripping the buffer
    cache up.

    No Poul, I don't find it funny at all.  Your commits have created a
    serious disruption and wasted a lot of people's time and, frankly, I
    think vinum is a thousand times more important then ripping the buffer
    cache to shreds in an unplanned, undiscussed, unreviewed set of commits.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>