Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 1995 14:59:05 -0800
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        "Charles M. Hannum" <mycroft@ai.mit.edu>
Cc:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: SVNET Meeting?

>I feel compelled to add something here...
>
>   The first words from his mouth were anti Adaptec.  Now I'm not the
>   greatest Adaptec fan, but I don't like their policy blown into
>   something it isn't.  He basically said that they would not give enough
>   information out to program the cards without an NDA.
>
>That (mis)information originated from Julian Elischer.  Julian said
>many moons ago that Adaptec's policy was such, and for a long time it
>was touted as the reason for not having a 2x42 driver.  You can find
>this in your own mail archives.
>
>(I thought I'd corrected that long ago, but it appears not.)

The one thing I didn't understand was that it sounded like J.T. new
about our driver since as soon as I said something about it, he remarked,
"but your sequencer code is still GPL'd".  Anyway, so long as everyone
who reads this thread understands the current Adaptec policy, I'm happy.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
TCS Instructional Group - Programmer/Analyst 1