Date:      Mon, 10 Nov 1997 18:16:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      Steve Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>
To:        "Bryn Wm. Moslow" <bryn@nwlink.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adaptec problems?

On Mon, 10 Nov 1997, Bryn Wm. Moslow wrote:

> Hello, I'm wondering if anyone has seen this kind of thing. When I finally
> got logged on to the box (took about 5 minutes to get a shell login and
> about 5 min for commands to run) I found several (20 or so) instances of
> inetd running and >100 sendmail processes running with a load of 8+. The
> only consistent error seems to be with SCSI when I've seen this. I *am*
> using tagged command queuing (AHC_TAGENABLE) and may stop. I've included

Ok - I have a 2.2.5 with regular 2940, and a 2.1.5 with 2940 Ultra - both
are news servers - The 2.2.5 with the 2940 seems ok - but the 2.1.5 with
the ultra locked up inn with the errors  you mention and the file system
full message - also the drive its complaining about is unmountable, and I
cant issue an ls command or anything on it.

So its either the driver, or that particular controller.  Dunno which - I
know this is mostly useless info.