Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 2017 11:18:13 +0000
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk>
To:        Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>, stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: moutnroot failing on zpools in Azure after upgrade from 10 to 11 due to lack of waiting for da0

> So, the kernel attempted to mount the root even before vmbus was attached and,
> thus, before storvsc appeared and informed the kernel that it might be holding
> the root.
> How ZFS was supposed to know that vmbus is ever going to appear?
> To me this sounds more like a problem with the Hyper-V drivers.

I am currently running with the patch which waits for a number fo
seconds and retries the mount, and that appears t fix it. However I dont
really like rnning a patched OS. How would I set about reporting this to
Microsoft and getting it fixed, or getting the timeoutpatch commited ?
Preferably both, as the timeout patch is generally a useful thing to
have working for ZFS I think.

-pete.