Date:      Wed, 10 May 1995 18:26:39 -0700
From:      Craig Anderson <craiga@ipsilon.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   source tree questions?

Hello,
   I'm trying to figure out how to track your development process.
I got sup to work just fine, but I'd like to know how to sup a
different release than "current"; e.g. the last SNAP.  Is that
available?

Also, I noticed that there are a number of odd dependencies in
the current makefiles that fiddle with the compiling host; e.g.
"rm /usr/sbin/compile_et", referencing include files on the
host instead of in the source tree.  The reason I've run into
these things is trying to "make world" when the source tree
is not in /usr/src.  Is this expected to work?  Ill-advised?
Foolhardy?

But, then again, I could be missing something fundamental and
be hopelessly lost.  So I would appreciate any help, pointers,
suggestions, descriptions, etc.

Thanks for any and all help,
Craig Anderson