Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2000 11:36:22 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Nick Hibma <n_hibma@webweaving.org>
Subject:   Re: APM still ignoring DEVICE_SUSPEND errors

In message <Pine.BSF.4.20.0001231408180.4623-200000@localhost> Nick Hibma writes:
: The following patch fixes two things: First, DEVICE_SUSPEND errors are
: no longer ignored. Since we have defaults for methods we should no
: longer ignore these errors. Also, DEVICE_RESUME wasn't done when the
: apm_suspend_system event failed.

I had similar patches that workede several months ago, but they have
since been lost.

: Second, in the ordering of DEVICE_* and apm_hook_* is not symmetric for
: suspend and resume. The patch reverses the resume case as well to be
:
: 	apm_hook_resume(...)
: 	DEVICE_RESUME(root)
:
: Send me some feedback on this. I've mailed the people mentioned in the
: head of the file, but so far got no response. I would like to make sure
: we get this right when USB devices are used. Some of them don't suspend
: and the suspend should be refused in that case.

Any reason to not shoot the apm_hook_{suspend,resume} in the head and
just use newbus suspend/resume everywhere?

Warner