Date:      Sat, 12 Jul 2003 03:08:12 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Van Vinh Vo <vovanvinh2001@yahoo.com>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mbuf and sk_buffs

On Thursday 10 July 2003 12:59 am, Van Vinh Vo wrote:
> i am doing the research about network layer of freeBSD
> and linux !
> i want what difference of management and schedule
> beetween freeBSD mbufs and linux sk_buffs !

One of the biggest differences is that the BSD implementation is actually
documented:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/020163354X/ref=pd_sr_ec_ir_b/103-5986084-6837450?v=glance&s=books

This, along with the companion volume 1, will tell you everything you need
to know about TCP/IPv4.  I fear to think what the world of IPv6 will be
like without Richard to explain it to us.

--

        Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                               wes@softweyr.com