Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2000 18:30:09 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@kot.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   delegating ports, interfaces (Re: Multiple IP addresses)

Tom once stated:

=  On a side note, I'd actually like to see a mechanism to attach owners
=to IPs, and allows owners to bind to ports < 1024. Perhaps some sort of
=role-based control system needs to be looked at.

Yes,  would be  nice. Perhaps,  as a  /tcpip file-system?  If I  want to
special  treat a  port  on one  of  the interfaces,  I  just change  the
permissions on the file:

	/tcpip/localhost/tcp/
	/tcpip/localhost/udp/
	/tcpip/10.10.0.1/tcp/80

However, this is way outside of -stable and FreeBSD in general.

	-mi