Date:      Tue, 9 Nov 2004 16:59:51 +0100
From:      Oliver Eikemeier <eikemeier@fillmore-labs.com>
To:        Oliver Lehmann <lehmann@ans-netz.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: no cvs port?

Oliver Lehmann wrote:

> Michael Nottebrock wrote:
>
>> On Sunday, 7. November 2004 11:59, Oliver Lehmann wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to make world my system without cvs, and install it from
>>> ports instead. But... am I right that there is no cvs port?
>>
>> There is devel/cvs+ipv6
>>

> Hm ok, but then you have ipv6 with you. I've made a devel/cvs port, and
> I'm on the way to commit it.... objections? any?

You might want to have a look into

   <http://people.freebsd.org/~eik/ports/cvs.shar>;

It's a cvs port I've done a while ago, and it can use both the FreeBSD
options extensions and the standard CVS 1.12 ones, which makes it
comatible with a combined {Free,Net,Open,DragonFly}BSD repositories. The
only thing that works, but I'm not happy with is template handling.
Other than this, I managed to have it pass all included tests. The
devel/cvs+ipv6 has the disadvantage that it can not handle the FreeBSD
options extension, which makes it unsuitable for FreeBSD development
work.

-Oliver