Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 2003 15:34:45 -0800
From:      Pete Gontier <kokorozashi@gontier.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and DSL CONNECTIVITY ISSUES,

circa 2/13/03 4:02 AM, agmesctaykira <agmesctaykira@prodigy.net> wrote:

> Java applets

Uh oh.

> Customers are reporting issues such as:

>> Recently I've noticed that your site operates very slowly.  When I am surfing
>> at ****, the speed gradually decreases until it won't navigate at all
>> anymore.  sometimes **** even breaks my dsl connection somehow and I have to
>> re-start my computer.  One one occasion it actually crashed my machine and
>> caused it to re-boot.  These issues are not occurring when visiting other
>> websites.  Any ideas?

My guess is your Java code has something in it which causes some VMs to
degenerate into badness. This is not to say your Java code has bugs, but
many VMs do. I can't see how your server would be involved in this sort of
problem. I'd gather data on the VMs installed on the machines of the folks
who complain.

 --

  Pete Gontier <http://www.pete.gontier.org/>;

  "Worcestershire sauce?Ketchup?What a suckers!" -- Kikkoman