Date:      Sun, 10 Jun 2012 22:44:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Waitman Gobble" <uzimac@da3m0n8t3r.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   libpng.so.6 missing

--bound1339393493

Hi,

I was reading the handbook about burning DVD's and thought I would check out K3b as recommended... so I attempted to install from ports. After an hour or so of the make script building a whole bunch of stuff my patience wore out, and I bailed.

ports tree csup this morning.

Now it seems many things that were working great will no longer load, it's missing libpng.so.6

# SciTE
Shared object "libpng.so.6" not found, required by "libpangocairo-1.0.so.0"

# qtcreator
Shared object "libpng.so.6" not found, required by "libQtGui.so.4"

# xxxterm
Shared object "libpng.so.6" not found, required by "libwebkitgtk-1.0.so.0"

etc, etc. and so on.

Anyhow, i am not sure which package 'libpng.so.6' comes from.. anyone have a tip or a pointer?

these are installed..

# pkg_info | grep png
gstreamer-plugins-libpng-0.10.30,3 Gstreamer png plugin
png-1.5.10          Library for manipulating PNG images

# uname -a
FreeBSD hunny.waitman.net 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #0: Sun Jun 10 08:10:59 PDT 2012     root@:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/KEYSHIA  amd64

Might be good to have a warning on the DVD page that attempting install of K3b can possibly dork up the entire system (?)

Thank you,

--
Waitman Gobble
San Jose California USA