Date:      11 Feb 1997 22:29:02 -0800
From:      jdp@polstra.com (John Polstra)
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question about cvsup

In article <32F735BA.645D@pcmagic.net>,
Tommy Cheng  <tommycheng@pcmagic.net> wrote:
> I need help.  I always get this error from 3.0-970124-SNAP after I tried
> to do "cvsup -g -L 2 cvs-supfile"
>
> runtime error:
> segmentation violation - possible attempt to deference NIL0.
> PID 213 (cvsup), UID0: exited on signal 6 (core dump)
> abort trap (core dumped)
>
> What does this mean?  I always get this error before the cvsup finishes
> installing the port (stuck on x11 port).  Any ieda?

Tommy,

You'd get quicker answers if you reported things like this to
"cvsup-bugs@polstra.com". :-)

This problem should not be happening.  Something is wrong.  Please
contact me off the list at "jdp@polstra.com" and tell me:

    * Which version of CVSup you're using
    * Whether it's the static binary distribution, the port, or the
      package

and also send me a copy of your supfile.  I'll help you figure out
what's going on.

John Polstra