Date:      Mon, 23 Mar 1998 10:43:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Robert Du Gaue <rdugaue@calweb.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        "(ML) FreeBSD ISP" <isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ISPCON Booth Pricing

Talked to the Con-Manager, Ron Fippinger today. When I told him who we
were, he said right off he doesn not know this industry and was hired
specifically for the next couple of months to manage the ISPCONs. So I
told him a little about FreeBSD and asked him what price could Jack give
for some floor space to our group.  He didn't bother to check with Jack
(nor seemed to care), but just quoted me standard floor space pricing. The
pricing is $50 a sq. foot with the smallest space a 10x10 or in
otherwords, $5000.

Maybe someone that has talked to Jack in the past can query him direct to
see if we could get any break. Otherwise, I guess we can start asking for
some of the companies here to donate a portion, maybe offering to allow
them to put their company brochures with the booth as a 'testimony' of
companies that use FreeBSD or even some sort of sign in the background
with the companies name. Just a thought.

Also, don't forget this is for space only. These things are so Union
Controlled that I'm betting more for a table, electrical, chairs. They'd
charge for the air you breath if they could get away with it.

I have a packet being sent to me, so I'll let you all know of those hidden
costs soon as I get them.