Date:      Sat, 1 Jun 2002 09:55:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Snow <drama@slakin.net>
To:        netris <netris@mail.ru>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with installation

I would guess that this is being cause by an IRQ conflict, I ran into the
same issue a while back. Check that the bios can properly detect both your
CDROM drive and hard drive, then check the jumpers on both devices, if
needed try putting just the hard drive on the IDE0 primary channel and the
CDROM drive on the IDE1 primary channel. if all else fails try cable
select, and remember to be creative when switching the drives around with
cable select.

=)

good luck!

Matt