Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 2014 23:53:12 -0400
From:      "Garance A Drosehn" <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        "Simon J. Gerraty" <sjg@juniper.net>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org, marcel@freebsd.org, phil@juniper.net
Subject:   Re: XML Output: libxo - provide single API to output TXT, XML, JSON and HTML

On 30 Jul 2014, at 23:22, Simon J. Gerraty wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Jul 2014 21:37:54 -0400, Garance A Drosehn writes:
>
>> I'd suggest that the above isn't quite what one would want, either.
>> For the text version it's fine to have a time-of-day value as
>> '6:47PM', but if you're going for machine-readable output then
>
> Actually for machine readable output the most useful thing is the utc
> seconds.  Eg (in case you don't have access to a Junos router):

While that may be the most useful thing for the applications on Junos,
it is not necessarily the most useful thing for other apps.  And in the
case of EDN, if one was going to write a timestamp they might as well
write it in the format expected by other EDN-based apps.  IMO.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn                =     drosih@rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer               or   gad@FreeBSD.org