Date:      Wed, 15 Sep 2010 19:13:01 -0500
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
Cc:        autotools@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: devel/autotools267 and UPDATING

> On Sep 15, 2010, at 4:43 PM, Barbara wrote:
>> About my previous mail, shouldn't the upgrade be handled by the entry =
in=20
>> MOVED? Is it a portupgrade problem?
>> Is the rebuild of ports like xmms or libX11 really necessary after a =
new=20
>> version of autoconf?

With "sweeping" ports such as autotools, the consensus is to bump =
PORTREVISIONs on affected dependent ports, even if they are build =
dependencies only.  We've tried in the past to get creative in what does =
and doesn't get bumped, and it always generates more problems than it =
solves.

On Sep 15, 2010, at 18:48 , Chuck Swiger wrote:
> It looks like maybe a repocopy is going on (or has gone wrong), since =
it is pointing to autoconf-2.62:

You need to update your ports tree.  Makefile is revision 1.77, not 1.75 =
as you have shown.

-aDe