Date:      Wed, 18 Jun 97 11:29:16
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <francisco@natserv.com>
To:        "chat@freebsd.org" <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Geir Eivind Mork" <gemork@online.no>
Subject:   OS/2 users going to FreeBSD?  :-)

On Wed, 18 Jun 97 13:48:25 +0100, Geir Eivind Mork wrote:

>From: "Geir Eivind Mork" <gemork@online.no>
>To: "chat@freebsd.org" <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
>Date: Wed, 18 Jun 97 13:48:25 +0100
>Subject: user of FreeBSD

>I'm a user of FreeBSD (a quite new one too),

I have seen several OS/2 users using/switching to FreeBSD (I am one
of them).
I can understand why (lack of IBM marketting), but I wonder how this
migration compares to other OS. Does anyone has any guess on
percentage of people coming to FreeBSD from other OS? (notice I said
guess. I don't think it is possible to come up with any real numbers
).

The one thing that I don't know if there is something as good in
FreeBSD as in OS/2 are email software. I use PmMail and soon  to get
PMInews. From what I have heard the other email software for OS/2 are
algo great.