Date:      Wed, 2 Aug 2000 06:49:18 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        "David Johnson" <djohnson@acuson.com>, "leegold" <goldtech@worldpost.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: new books, changing my pt. of view

I have a bunch of FreeBSD gateway boxes running
around the city and they have proved extremely reliable
and certainly more efficient than the few WinNT / Win2000
ones .... however the problems I experience trying to figure
out every change to the system have me seriously thinking
of moving to SCO which at least comes with a proper
manual (ie with ALL the information one needs readily
available) From my experience, the lack of quickly available
config information is a major reason why many enterprise level
business stick with commercial O/S'es ... OK I know there are
places like Walnut Creek etc, but what about the countless
others who can't afford the problems associated with a product
with incomplete docs.

As for the GUI stuff,  few enterprise level businesses will accept
anything as poxy as KDE or Gnome (what bright spark had the
idea of putting that ugly great paw icon there) If I don't make the
move to SCO I'll be looking seriously at the CDE stuff for FreeBSD,
two  things I certainly won't use are KDE & Gnome ... who needs to
be associated with the linux lunatic fringe !!!!!