Date:      Tue, 8 Jul 1997 19:28:58 -0400
From:      Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.numachi.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   xmcd-2.1 and NEC ATAPI drive

I don't know if this was supposed to be a problem, but I had to do
some arm-wrestling to get xmcd-2.1 to recognize my cdrom.

What I have:
2.2.1-RELEASE
wdc1 at 0x170-0x177 irq 15 on isa
wdc1: unit 0 (atapi): <NEC CD-ROM DRIVE:272/4.15>, removable, iordy
wcd0: 689Kb/sec, 256Kb cache, audio play, 256 volume levels, ejectable tray

The xmcd package was convinced that the 'proper' device was
/dev/rcd0c, which is not the case at all on my box.

I had to yank the device checks out of its guts, as well at it's
install utility.

Seems to be behaving at this point, although I can't get it to
close the door.  I might be able to solve that by editing it's
config file.

My question: has anyone else gotten any grief from this utility,
or did I end up with a mutant box/intallation?

--
Brian 'you Bastard' Reichert			          reichert@numachi.com
37 Crystal Ave. #303