Date:      Tue, 17 Feb 2004 07:07:16 +0900
From:      Hye-Shik Chang <perky@i18n.org>
To:        python@freebsd.org
Cc:        nbm@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Zope 2.6.4 vs 2.7

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 03:58:36PM -0500, Tim Middleton wrote:

> So Zope 2.6.4 was released simultaneously with Zope 2.7 finally a few days
> ago. (I just noticed.)
>
> Those theoretical discussions we had here a month or so ago about how best to
> organise the Zope 2.7 style installation are now are not so theoretical.
>
> But still one wonders... since both of these versions are released at once,
> should FreeBSD support a seperate Zope 2.7 port, while maintaining 2.6.x?
>
> Personally, I'd like to forget anything before 2.7 existed as quickly as
> possible. (-: And I see Zope.org just offers 2.7 for download by default now
> on the download page.

Managing two branches and enabling child ports for both are such
big pain. I don't have idea about how much different is Zope 2.7
from 2.6 because I'm not a Zope user yet. I'd like to vote for Zope
2.7 only support if the most Zope products are compatible with Zope
2.7.
Also I'm very curious about that Zope 2.7 is ready for Python 2.3
or 2.2 even. ;-)

> Hopefully someone's working on the 2.7 port already? How's it coming?

You would need to talk with nbm, the current maintainer about it
before working on it.

Hye-Shik