Date:      Thu, 16 Aug 2001 18:36:37 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za>
To:        imp@harmony.village.org (Warner Losh)
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: pcic pci attachments merged from current

Hi Warner,

> I've just merged the pcic pci attachment from current into stable.
> If you have a PCI cardbus bridge, you will notice two things.

Something that I noticed on a non-pci notebook is that pccardd is ignoring
the irq settings in /etc/pccard.conf. It even ignores a "-i 11" on the
commandline. It only "listens" if I do a "-I -i 11" on the commandline.
When it ignores me it always tries to use irq 15, which doesn't work on
my machine. The same machine with a system built on July 4th didn't have
this behaviour. It used the irq settings in /etc/pccard.conf.

Is this intended behaviour?

Bits and pieces from dmesg looks like this:

pcic0: <Cirrus logic 672x> at port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd0000 on isa0
pcic0: Polling mode
pccard0: <PC Card bus (classic)> on pcic0
pccard1: <PC Card bus (classic)> on pcic0
pccard: card inserted, slot 0
ep0: <3Com Etherlink III 3C589> at port 0x240-0x24f irq 15 slot 0 on pccard0
ep0: Ethernet address 00:60:08:eb:6c:f0
ep0: detached
pccard: card removed, slot 0

John