Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2001 03:08:13 +0100
From:      j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   problems with jdk1.2 beta?

hi all,

i need java 1.2 for school, and someone told me it was easy to install, so i
gave it a try.  i already have 1.1, so i ran the 1.2 port, and it complained
that there is no 'solaris' directory during the pre-patch copy.  i changed
it to 'linux' in the makefile, then patch failed.

I D/Led the latest source file, but it was NOT named what the makefile said
to look for.  But it was all Sun had.  was this the wrong thing to do?

jm