Date:      Tue, 17 Sep 1996 20:05:18 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        jkh@freebsd.org

Hi,

I am a bit uncomfortable with mailing list archives. I am almost
always unable to find the postings I am looking for, and miss a
lot the possibility of browsing through the archives myself.

I think the latter should not be too hard. After all the archives
must be already stored somewhere, all is needed is probably just
give access to the relevant directories via the Web, and possibly let
some (already established) indexing service (e.g. Altavista, Lycos,
etc.) work on them.

The latter would have the significant advantage that indexing through
the archives would come for free, without having to waste time or
resources to provide the indexing service.

	Luigi