Date:      Tue, 29 Dec 1998 17:00:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bin/6228: Syslogd not working according to manpage

The following reply was made to PR bin/6228; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu
To: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, forrie@tiac.net
Cc:  Subject: Re: bin/6228: Syslogd not working according to manpage
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 16:48:05 -0800 (PST)

 Using the syslogd.conf from my previous posting, I built the ports collection
 version of qpopper-2.53.  I manually edited the popper.h file such that:

     #define POP_FACILITY    LOG_LOCAL2

 Upon building and installing, everything still works as expected, with popper
 syslog output going into /var/log/local2.log.

 I'm going to close this PR because I cannot reproduce it under -current conditions.
 Please advise if you can think of additional variables needed to create the failure
 scenario.

 Regards,
 -Chris