Date:      Mon, 2 Oct 2000 10:38:39 -0500
From:      "Victor R. Cardona" <vcardona@home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   powersave when exiting X-windows

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to why my monitor goes into power-save mode when I try to exit X-windows. It also does the same thing when I try to switch to a virtual terminal. There are no error messages that I can find. Even capturing the Xserver output does not reveal any clues. The box itself is not locked up. I can still telnet in and everything seems to be working fine, but to regain power on my monitor I am forced to hit ctrl-alt-del. This same machine works fine in Linux. Is there something that I am doing wrong?

I have looked through the mailing list archives, and have found some messages that seem similar. I have followed the recommended advise in those messages to no avail.

I would appreciate any help that the list can provide, and have included a list of my software and hardware.

FIC PA 2013 motherboard
AMD K6-2 w/3D-Now 333mhz processor
Diamond Monster Fusion AGP video card w/3dfx voodoo banshee chipset
Standard floppy drive
8.4 gig Western Digital UDMA/33 AC38400B hard drive (Master on IDE channel 1)
2.1 gig Western Digital DMA/16 AC22100H hard drive (Slave on IDE channel 1)
Toshiba XM-6002B 16x CD-ROM
Realtek 8029 based Ethernet card
Creative Sound Blaster 32 AWE plug and play ISA sound card

System works in Windows 98 and SuSE Linux 6.4.

Thanks,
Victor