Date:      Tue, 09 Jun 1998 15:05:15 +0200
From:      Marc van Kempen <marc@bowtie.nl>
To:        Tim Pushor <timp@orion.ab.ca>
Cc:        freeBSD-Mozilla@FreeBSD.ORG

> John Birrell wrote:
>
> > Tom Brown wrote:
> > > Just as soon as I find out where I can get a copy of Motif that doesn't cost
> > > $1200 or get the correct lib's.
> >
> > US$149 from www.xig.com
>
> Hmmm I purchased this Motif 2.0 from XIG some time ago when FreeBSD release level
> was at 2.1.7. As soon as I upgraded to 2.2 (and the corresponding XFree86
> release) it broke Motif. Things would still build but would very often dump core.
> XIG's solution was to use the XFree release from 2.1.7 and if I needed the newer
> video drivers from the newer releases to just use the newer releases server, and
> the old releases libs. I had Motif running for about 30 days before it did not
> get installed again on any of my machines..
>
> They aren't even answering my email anymore about a newer version of Motif.
>
> Has anyone else had similar experiences?

That's ridiculous, I compiled motif 1.2 from source for FreeBSD 2.0,
and it's still working without a problem. I don't know what they
did to mess their version up like that!

(I'm using FreeBSD 2.2.6 + XFree86 3.1.2 now)

Marc.

Marc van Kempen                 BowTie Technology
Email: marc@bowtie.nl            WWW & Databases
tel. +31 40 2 43 20 65
fax. +31 40 2 44 21 86         http://www.bowtie.nl