Date:      Mon, 7 Nov 2005 15:50:54 -0800
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Andrew Lankford <lankfordandrew@charter.net>, Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org>, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: RELENG_6 Kernel doesn't build due to DEVFS

Robert Watson wrote this message on Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 14:31 +0000:
> older compiler incorrectly rejecting it as invalid.  Ideally, commits to
> update the compiler are made, and then after some longish delay (a few
> weeks), the source code is updated to make use of new compiler features.
> In this case, the changes came in close proximity, resulting in a few more
> stubbed toes.

Ideally, people would use the buildworld/buildkernel to build their
kernel, and if they really want the developer experience of building
a kernel, they can use buildworld/buildenv which will deal with the
problem of outdated compilers automagicly for you...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579