Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2002 23:42:33 -0700 (MST)
From:      Brian White <bwhite@moab.cs.utah.edu>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SACK (and older TCP stack) availability?

To compare against simulation, I'm trying to collect any available TCP
implementations -- preferably compatible with a
recent(ish) kernel.  We run 4.3, but could upgrade.  I was hoping to find
the usual suspects -- Tahoe, Reno, Vegas, New-Reno, and SACK.

I realize this question is probably better phrased in terms of features
rather than artificial names.  But (please correct me), it seems that
there are few options to disable TCP features to revert to a previous
protocol realization.  The most obvious exception is
net.inet.tcp.newreno.  (At the risk of exposing my naivete, does disabling
New-Reno leave me with ... Reno?  Or possibly some FreeBSD hybrid?)

I tracked a thread from Aug 2001 in which Harkirat Singh announced his
SACK implementation.  But, this thread seems to have ended prematurely and
grep'ing for SACK in current does not turn up anything interesting.  What
is it's status?  Was the 4.3 SACK diff stable?

I would greatly appreciate any responses (or browbeatings) being sent
directly to me as well.

Thank you,
brian