Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 2001 21:33:30 +1100 (EDT)
From:      Andrew MacIntyre <andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au>
To:        Murray Taylor <mtaylor@bytecraft.com.au>
Cc:        "'freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Is this motherboard / system rated for SMP ?

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Murray Taylor wrote:

> I am establishing FreeBSD 4.2 Release (from the CD Roms) on a Compaq A550
> and
> I need to know if the motherboard is rated for SMP...

Wild guess... it will probably be OK once you've fired up the BIOS utils
off the CD and selected an appropriate setting for the OS - Unixware or
Linux would be good ones to try from what I remember of previous comments
about Compaqs & SMP.

BTW, you'll need to recompile the kernel to enable SMP.

E-mail: andrew.macintyre@aba.gov.au    (work) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au  (play) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
        andymac@pcug.org.au           (play2) |        Australia