Date:      Sat, 1 Jun 2002 12:24:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ker Lutyn <ker527mail@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   apsfilter prints test page, installed printcap, and still get blank pages

I am running FreeBSD 4.6-RC, and have installed apsfilter 7.2.2.  When I run
/usr/local/share/apsfilter/SETUP, it correctly prints the test page.  I then
select option (I) to install the new /etc/printcap, and (Q) to quit.  I restart
the lpd daemon.  But...

I still get blank pages when trying to print, for example, "a2ps foo.txt".

I have an HP Laserjet 1100.  Here's the /etc/printcap:

lp|ljet4;r=;q=medium;c=default;p=letter;m=auto:\
    :lp=/dev/lpt0:\
    :if=/etc/apsfilter/basedir/bin/apsfilter:\
    :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
    :lf=/var/spool/lpd/lp/log:\
    :af=/var/spool/lpd/lp/acct:\
    :mx#0:\
    :sh:

I have checked /etc/apsfilter/basedir/bin/apsfilter and it has execute
permissions (-r-xr-xr-x).

Honestly, I have done my web searches on this one, I know it is a FAQ.  Can
anyone thing of anything I haven't tried?  Thanks.