Date:      Fri, 6 Jan 1995 08:00:30 -0600 (CST)
From:      Greg Rowe <greg@mn.interact.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@wcarchive.cdrom.com
Subject:   FreeBSD as a Gateway

 I'm proposing to use a FreeBSD box as a gateway between a local subnet
and a subnet open to the internet. I want to allow folks on the local
subnet to have shell accounts and use internet applications on the FreeBSD
box, but I also need to maintain the security on the local subnet.
 I take it from previous discussions, this is being done in a number of
sites. I'm interested in finding out if those folks use any special software
on FreeBSD for the security part (firewall code, wrappers, etc.) and if
anyone has had any unusual problems doing this. Also, are there any tricks
to running FreeBSD as a gateway ? I would like to use version 2.0 if
possible. Thanks.

--
Greg Rowe                           |
US West - Interact Services         | INTERNET greg@mn.interact.net

    To err is human, to really foul up requires the root password.