Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 2000 22:02:31 +0530
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>
Cc:        Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>, Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ViM vs. Emacs

> Then you use nvi's multiple undo feature, of course.  u, followed by however
> many '.'s as you'd like.  How do you undo an undo in vim?

^R (redo)

> I reached the conclusion that vim is not a vi clone. It's a modal editor
> that happens to work something something like vi.  Lots of the defaults are
> wrong, it's big, and it's slow.  vi is neither big nor slow.

You can call it what you like.  I'm not arguing that it's "better", or
that anything else "sucks", but it has some features I like, so I use
it, and I couldn't care less whether people want to call it a vi clone
or not.  Also (to return to the thing that sparked it all) it's not as
big or slow as emacs :) anyway iirc you can compile it without the GUI
option, which should make it much smaller.