Date:      Mon, 20 Jan 1997 12:02:22 -0800
From:      Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Alameda.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.2-BETA writes on Dos parition ?

Hello.

I have here a system with an IDE *wuergs* disk. Size is 1.2GB, 800 MB are
used under FAT (WinShit95/NT4) and 400MB are used under FreeBSD. I had
2.1.5R and then 2.1.6R running, everything was fine. Then I installed
2.2-BETA and now I am getting always from FreeBSD the message / wasn't
correctly unmounted, after I was in NT (probably also after WinShit95). The
same, after I was running FreeBSD, the NT often complains that the checksum
of the kernel doesn't match the computed checksum. Either switching off the
system or running scandisk under a command prompt only helps to bring it
up. I had also once 2 corrupted files, corrupted, that the long file name
wasn't correct.

Has anyone seen something simular ? I don't think my partitions overlap.

Ulf.

Alameda Networks, Inc.   | Ulf Zimmermann (ulf@Alameda.net)
1525 Pacific Avenue      | Phone: (510)769-2936
Alameda, CA 94501        | Fax  : (510)521-5073